Healthier Crispy Chicken Fingers
Published: May 11, 2013
- HONEY-MUSTARD SAUCE:
- Why feed your kids those fried mystery-meat chicken nuggets when it’s so simple to make these? They are baked crisp on the outside and tender on the inside and have a lovely mild flavor.
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut across into 1/2" thick slices
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups whole-grain corn cereal such as Corn Chex or Corn Flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Honey-Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp honey
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1.) Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2.) Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish, turning the chicken to coat it with the buttermilk. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
3.) Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
4.) Put cereal in a sealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a shallow dish and season them with the salt and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in the cereal to fully coat and arrange on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Leave the chicken on the baking sheets to cool slightly. It will become crisper. Serve with mustard sauce on the side.
In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the honey.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Glazed Chicken Thighs 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Mom's Pepper Steak 4/5 (96 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Easy Cream Puff Cake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Authentic Italian Cream Cake 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Buttermilk Biscuits and Country... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Buttery Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Corn Flake Chicken Fingers 4.6/5 (19 Votes)