Cheryl & Coompany's Frosted Cut-Out Cookies
Cheryl and Company's Frosted Cut-Out Cookies are what everyone craves during the holidays, but why wait for them to be shipped to your house, make them at home instead! With this recipe, you can have all the flavor of your favorite brand's cookies without all that wait time. This recipe makes a huge amount and will definitely feed a crowd, so consider gifting these cookies to those near and dear to you.
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hot water or as needed
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 90mins
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add almond extract and beat until just combined. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment or baking sheet liners. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2-inch-thick and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2-inches apart on to the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. To make the frosting, mix together the confectioners' sugar, oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Gradually add enough hot water to achieve a spreadable consistency.
Once cookies have completely cool, frost, and serve.
You'll also love
- Paula Deen's Mile-High Meringue 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Vegan Pound Cake 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Seared & Roasted Salmon 3.7/5 (40 Votes)
- Maw-Maw's Date Skillet Cookies 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Christmas Cake - Rich Cake 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Mrs. Floyd's Divinity Candy 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Low-Carb Poppy Seed Dressing 4.2/5 (5 Votes)