Daisy Sugar Cookies
Add some cuteness to your sugar cookies with this Daisy Sugar Cookies recipe. They're perfect to share and taste delightful.
- SUGAR COOKIES:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (4-ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ROYAL ICING:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Food coloring
Adapted from shopgirlmaria.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in three portions. Shape it into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Roll it out on a floured surface to about an 1/8-inch thickness and use your flower cookie cutter to cut out. Place on baking sheet.
Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown very slightly. Cool completely before decorating.
Whisk all the ingredients except for the food coloring together. Make sure it's completely smooth and there are no lumps.
You may need to add more milk or corn syrup, depending on the consistency you want.
Add your food coloring in to get your desired color and decorate your cookies!
I doubled the royal icing recipe to have enough icing for all the sugar cookies that the recipe made.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Silk Pie 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Warm Artichoke & Bacon Dip 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Cookie Monster's Famous Sugar... 3.9/5 (85 Votes)
- Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Roll-out Sugar... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)