Chorizo Queso Fundido
Bring the best dish to your next potluck with this recipe for Chorizo Queso Fundido. It is so hearty and delicious, you won't be able to stop eating it! Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas, tortilla chips, fresh vegetables, or serve this over French fries for a truly decadent treat. This recipe is perfect for any gameday spread, potluck, holiday, or even when you just have a craving for some cheesy goodness.
- 1/2 pound chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup tequila or Mexican beer (optional)
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat, breaking it apart as you go, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the onion, jalapeno and tomato and cook until the onions are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the tequila, deglaze the pan and cook until most of the moisture is gone, about 2 minutes.
Sprinkle on the cheese and cook, stirring, until it melts, about 2-3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Snap Pea Salad with Whipped Ricotta 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Cocktail Meatballs 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Creepy Caterpillar Recipe 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ricotta & Pear Crostini with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini Sloppy Joe Phyllo Cups 4.3/5 (21 Votes)