Creepy Caterpillar Recipe
Add these creepy little guys to your next Halloween buffet! Healthy alternative to all of the sugary treats around the house at Halloween time!
- Green Grapes
- Black Licorice or Chocolate Licorice
- Chocolate Chips
- Black Cake Writing Gel
- Green Toothpicks
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
Wash and dry your grapes thoroughly. They must be completely dry so the eyes adhere.
Assemble 3 grapes onto 1 green toothpick.
Cut one piece of licorice into 1 inch sections. Then cut the 1 inch sections into 4 pieces. I used a very sharp knife to do this. These will be our antennas on the caterpillar.
Use a toothpick to puncture two holes in the top of the grape. This is where we will insert our licorice/antennas.
Next squeeze two small dollops of the writing gel just below the antenna. Lightly press a Chocolate Chip on each dollop. These will become the creepy bulging Caterpillar eyes. Here is the tricky part, because the Grape skin is slippery, the Chocolate Chip is going to want to slide off before the gel dries, so here is how you keep it in place. Use several shot glasses or small liqueur glasses to stand your Caterpillars up straight until the gel dries. Don’t be too quick to move them. It may take up to an hour for the Gel to dry completely.
So the waiting is the hardest part, but once the Gel has set, you have adorable yet Creepy Caterpillars for your Halloween Buffet!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (902 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (494 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Dip 4.6/5 (417 Votes)