Zucchini Basil Gratin with Cornmeal Parmesan Crust
7.5 g total fat, 2 sat fat
5.5 g protein
12.5 g carbs
5 mg cholesterol
460 mg sodium
2.5 g fiber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups sliced zucchini (about 1 lb, cut 1/4 inch)
- 1 med onion halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 6 cup glass or ceramic gratin dish with cooking spray. Combine basil and garlic in small bowl. Combine salt and pepper in small cup.
2. Layer one-third each of the zucchini, onion and tomatoes in dish, sprinkle one third of the basil mixture and one-third of the salt mixture. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil. Repeat layers twice.
3. Combine cheese and cornmeal in small bowl until blended. With fork, stir in remaining 1 tbs oil until moistened. Sprinkle over gratin.
4. Bake 40-45 min or until zucchini is tender.