CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
- 4-5 lb. corned beef brisket.
- 2 whole cloves
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 med. carrots, peeled
- 8 med. potatoes, peeled
- 8 med. yellow onions, peeled
- 1 med. head cabbage, cut in 8 wedges
Wipe corned beef with damp paper towels. Place in large kettle; cover
with cold water. Add cloves, black peppercorns and bay leaves. Bring
to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Skim surface; then
simmer, covered 3-4 hours or until meat is fork tender.
Add carrots,potatoes and onions during last 25 minutes. Add cabbage
during last 20 minutes. Cook just until vegetables are tender.
May be served with following Mustard Glaze:
1/4 c. prepared mustard
112 c. maple flavored syrup
1/4 c. dark brown sugar, packed
In a small saucepan, combine inqredients: Bring to boiling over medium
heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool.
To serve: Place cooked corned beef brisket in shallow pan. Brush top
and sides with mustard glaze. Place under broiler, 5-6 inches from
heat, brushing several times with glaze about 10 minutes, or until shiny.
Arrange meat on one side of serving platter. Place cabbage wedges
beside meat. Brush potatoes with butter and place in serving dish;
sprinkle with chopped parsley. Arrange carrots and onions in another
dish. Makes 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Peach and Blackberry Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiral Apple Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Ice Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SAUSAGE STUFFED PORK CHOPS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Left-Over Beef Stew Pot Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MEXICAN CORNBREAD WITH JIFFY MIX 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed corn, bacon, and scallions 0/5 (0 Votes)