Mediterranean Salad With Chickpeas And Arugula
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 container small mozzarella balls - (8 oz) drained, halved
- 1 can chickpeas - (15 oz) drained (a-k-a garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 4 cups arugula
Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Combine fennel, tomatoes, mozzarella, chickpeas, red onion, and arugula in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve with: Wedges of lightly toasted rosemary focaccia.
You'll also love
- Mango And Lime Chiffon Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Mushrooms And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leeks Vinaigrette With Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bresaola With Arugula, Fennel, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Lentil Soup With Pancetta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Pork With Celery Root Puree... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bibb Lettuce Salad With Candied... 0/5 (0 Votes)