Spinach Queso with Crispy Jalapeños
Melty queso dip laced with spinach, garlic, onion, cilantro, and crispy jalapeños makes for the perfect party dip or even an elegant appetizer at your next soiree. Spinach QUeso with Crispy Jalapeños is infused with the healthy benefits of spinach and the yummy indulgence of shredded cheese. Pair this queso with beer, wine, tortilla chips, assorted fresh veggies, or warm tortillas.
- 2 jalapeños, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- half an onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 2 to 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (see notes)
- French’s Crispy Jalapeños
- chopped cilantro
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from pinchofyum.com
Start your aromatics by heating the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add the jalapeños and onions and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, until very soft and fragrant. Add the spinach and garlic and stir quickly until spinach is wilted.
Make it creamy by adding flour and stirring until everything is coated, about 1 minute. Add the milk slowly and whisk until a smooth mixture forms. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
Topping and serving: Top with French’s Crispy Jalapeños, cilantro, and whatever else you want to make it fancy. Best served warm with tortilla chips for dipping! YUUUUUM.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup With Ancho and Apple 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Watermelon Ancho Chile Salsa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Cranberry Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Ceviche with Tomatoes and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sicilian Bruschetta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlicky Black-Pepper Shrimp &... 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Bites 4/5 (117 Votes)