Chile con Queso
Bring the best dish to your next potluck with this recipe for Chile con Queso. It is so hearty and delicious, you won't be able to stop eating it!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 Serrano chiles, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (about 1 cup)
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (about 3 cups)
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, Serrano chiles, and jalapeño, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
Whisk the flour into the pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Slowly pour the milk into the pan while whisking, and continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce has thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and tomatoes.
Reduce the heat to low, and add the grated cheeses a ¼ cup at a time, stirring after each addition, until it is completely melted. Repeat until all of the cheese has been added. Stir in the sour cream until completely combined. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Leftovers (if you have any!) can be refrigerated for up to 5 days, and then reheated when you're ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Meyer Lemon Limoncello Sorbet 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Candied Popcorn 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Italian 7-Layer Dip 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Indian-Spiced Tomato Salsa 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Ed’s Smoked Salmon Puff Pastry... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Herbed Goat Cheese Spread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco... 4.1/5 (40 Votes)