Chipotle Turkey Cutlets With Charred Corn Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh turkey breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges
Char corn in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
Sprinkle turkey on both sides with chile powder; sprinkle with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of turkey and sauté until cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining turkey.
Add 2 tablespoons oil to drippings in skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Increase heat to high and add charred corn. Sauté until peppers begin to brown, about 3 minutes longer. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Season salsa with salt and pepper; transfer to medium bowl. Return turkey to skillet and reheat, about 1 minute. Spoon salsa over turkey and serve with lime wedges.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve with: Warmed tortillas and steamed, buttered summer squash.
Dessert: Key lime pie from the bakery.
You'll also love
- Chicken, Mashed Potatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carolina Chopped Pork Barbecue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Rabe And Red Bell Pepper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Lamb Shanks On Soft... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Pork In Corn Husks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southwestern Corn Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Turkey Sandwiches With Blue... 0/5 (0 Votes)