Smoked Turkey Sandwiches With Blue Cheese And Red Onions
- 2 large red onions cut 1/3"-thk slices
- Olive oil to taste
- 1 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 8 slices multi-grain bread - (5" by 3" by 1/2")
- 8 radicchio leaves
- 3/4 pound sliced smoked turkey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat griddle pan over medium-high heat. Brush onion with olive oil. Grill until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper; cool.
Mix cheese, sour cream, and thyme in small bowl to blend. Season generously with pepper. Spread cheese mixture over 4 bread slices. Top cheese with grilled onions, radicchio, then turkey. Spread mustard on remaining 4 bread slices; place atop turkey. Press sandwiches lightly to compact. Cut sandwiches in half; wrap each tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Skillet Corn On The Cob With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Fried Rice With Ginger 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Mushrooms With Smoked Ham 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Chicken With Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork With Fruit Stuffing And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Beef, Red Pepper, Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Sausage, Red Onion, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Grilled Sausages With Apples... 0/5 (0 Votes)