Roast Beef, Red Pepper, Spinach, And Feta Sandwiches
- 1 jar roasted red peppers - (12 oz) drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound loaf flat rustic bread about 2 1/2" high halved horizontally (such as focaccia or ciabatta)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese - (abt 4 oz)
- 1 pound thinly-sliced rare roast beef
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves - (packed)
Mix first 6 ingredients and half of garlic in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt. Whisk remaining garlic, tahini, water, and lemon juice in small bowl to blend. Season tahini dressing to taste with salt.
Place bread, cut-side up, on work surface. Spread red pepper mixture over both cut sides of bread. Sprinkle cheese over bottom half of loaf. Layer half of roast beef over cheese; drizzle with 1/3 of tahini dressing. Layer remaining roast beef over dressing and drizzle with half of remaining dressing. Top with spinach leaves; drizzle with remaining dressing. Press top half of loaf onto spinach.
Cut sandwich lengthwise in half, then crosswise into quarters for a total of 8 sandwiches. Wrap each sandwich tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.2/5 (661 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans With Orange And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cannellini With Tomato-Sage Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Water Spinach With... 0/5 (0 Votes)