Pan-Grilled Sausages With Apples And Onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 fully-cooked sausages - (13 oz total)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium tart apple, such as Granny Smith peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and cook until beginning to brown, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add onion and apple to sausages in pan; cook until onion and apple are tender and brown, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add apple cider and chopped sage; increase heat to high and stir until liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Using slotted spoon, transfer onion and apple to 2 plates, dividing equally. Top with sausages. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons butter into cider mixture. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over sausages and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Onion, Cheese, And Bacon Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Crab Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nectarine-Pecan Cookie Tarts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mixed Greens, Oranges, And Endive... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster With Sausage, Mussels,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Potatoes And Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Plum Chutney 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Sausage, Tomatoes, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)