Baked Cheddar Chicken Chimichangas
Chimichangas! You can top them with veggies, chili, sour cream and much more!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- Coarse salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans, optional
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lettuce, shredded
- Avocado or guacamole
- Tomatoes, diced
- Sour cream
Adapted from ziplist.com
Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet and cook the onion, garlic and jalapeño until soft. Mix in the chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash of black pepper, cook 1 minute.
Add the chicken, tomatoes and cilantro, mix well then stir in the sour cream. Remove from heat.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and butter together. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with some of the butter-oil mixture.
Spread 2 tablespoons refried beans down the center of each tortilla, leaving a 2-inch border on both ends. Top with 1/3 cup chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Fold in the ends and roll up. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
Brush the chimichangas with the buttery oil and bake about 15 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Serve with your choice of toppings.
You'll also love
- Jumbo Shrimp Grand Mariner 3.9/5 (115 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken in Honey Sauce 4.3/5 (86 Votes)
- Mexican Gazpacho Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Cheesy Rotel Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Easy Chicken & Rice Wraps by... 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Restaurant Style Salsa, adapted... 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Wrap 4.5/5 (43 Votes)