Mexican Gazpacho Chicken Salad
Mexican chicken salad inspired by gazpacho soup that is fresh and healthful, including cucumbers, tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapeños and topped with fresh cilantro.
- 1 lime, grated zest and juiced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 2/3-inch dice
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups cooked skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
To make dressing, whisk together lime zest and juice, garlic, oil, salt, and black pepper in large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients except chicken and cilantro to dressing; toss until mixed well. Divide vegetable mixture evenly among 6 plates or large shallow bowls. Top each serving with 1/2 cup chicken; sprinkle with cilantro.
The easiest way to husk a tomatillo is to hold it under cool running water while peeling off the husk. Be sure to rub the outside of the tomatillo until any residual stickiness is washed away.
You'll also love
- Gruyère Macaroni and Cheese 4.3/5 (77 Votes)
- Crescent Burgers 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Enchilada Chicken Spaghetti Skillet 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Cucumber, Tomato, & Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad Wraps 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Ramen Taco Salad 4.2/5 (75 Votes)
- BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.7/5 (24 Votes)