Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake
You will love this easy, quick and delicious Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake recipe. The addition of the chocolate chips is welcomed!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) cold butter, cut up
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from verybestbaking.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheets.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in morsels. Stir in buttermilk with a fork just until moistened. Knead 2 or 3 times on floured surface. Pat to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into sixteen 2 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch diamonds; place on prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Cut one shortcake in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with whipped topping; top with strawberries. Cover with shortcake top; layer with more whipped topping and strawberries. Repeat with remaining shortcakes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cherry Tomato Crostini with... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Deviled Easter Eggs 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Baked Southwestern Chicken Egg... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Salmon Patties 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Pound Cake 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Strawberry Scones 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Cheesecake Filled Chocolate... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing 5/5 (2 Votes)