Baked Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce
Looking for a delicious snack to serve at your next party? These Baked Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce are sure to be a winner! And because they are baked, not fried, the guilt factor is eliminated!
- EGG ROLLS:
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package spinach, frozen chopped, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (could use Mexican too)
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package egg roll or wonton wrappers
- AVOCADO RANCH DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
For egg rolls:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together chicken, corn, beans, spinach, cheese, chiles, onions, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Using a small spoon, scoop a small amount of filling onto the wrapper. Starting at a corner, carefully start to roll the wrapper. When it’s slightly rolled, tuck in the two side and continue rolling to the last point. Wet your finger with water and dab a bit on the corner to seal the egg roll. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Place on baking sheet, not allowing egg rolls to touch.
Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 7 minutes. Turn the egg rolls over and bake on the other side for an additional 7 minutes.
For avocado ranch:
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Use immediately.