Strawberry Shortcake Protein Overnight Oats
Try this delicious Strawberry Shortcake Protein Overnight Oats recipe for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast. Can substitute other fruits or berries like peaches, raspberries or blueberries.
- 3/4 cup any milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or mashed banana or applesauce)
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Ppotein powder (or additional 1/4 cup oats)
- 1/4 cup honey, 100% maple syrup, or organic blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Adapted from dashingdish.com
Place 1 cup sliced strawberries in a medium bowl (or Tupperware) and smash them with a fork until they are mashed (juice will also form, which is what you want).
Add the rest of the sliced strawberries to the bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to combine. Divide between 2 small bowls, mugs, or mason jars.
Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour (or more) so the oats soften and absorb the liquid).
Enjoy cold, or microwave for 30-60 seconds to enjoy warm!