Avocado Salad with Potato
- To make the lime cilantro vinaigrette:
- salad with a crisp, salty contrast.
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon lime zest
- 2 Teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the chopped avocado salad:
- 2 Haas avocados, chopped
- 2 Ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, diced
- To make the potato gallettes:
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To make the cilantro lime vinaigrette:
Whisk the lime juice, lime zest, mustard, olive oil, cayenne sauce and soy sauce together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside for at least 10 minutes, to allow time for the vinaigrette’s flavors to blend. Strain the vinaigrette to remove the lime zest.
To make the chopped avocado salad:
Place the chopped avocado, tomato and green onions together in a medium sized bowl. Add the cilantro to the vinaigrette and toss the vinaigrette to thoroughly coat the avocado salad. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
To make the potato gallettes:
Slice the potato into paper thin slices, using a mandolin if you have one. Use a 2.5 inch cookie cotter to cut the thin potato slices into even rounds. On a piece of parchment paper, arrange 6 potato slices into a circle. Season with salt and pepper and brush with a little melted butter. Repeat with remaining potato rounds. Wait 5 minutes to allow the butter to bond each circle of potato slices to bond together.
Place a heavy skillet over medium heat. Transfer the potatoes to the skillet by quickly flipping the parchment paper upside down, taking care to ensure the potatoes end up in their circles. Brush the former bottom of the potato stack, which now faces upwards, with a little more melted butter.
Place a small pan on top of the potato gallettes to keep the circles flat during cooking. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the bottom potato slice begins to brown on its edges. Using a spatula, carefully flip each potato gallette and cook another 3-5 minutes more, or until the other side turns golden brown.
Transfer each potato gallette to a bed of paper towels and blot with additional towels. Let cool completely before finishing the dish.
To complete the Avocado Salad with Potato Gallette:
Place 1 potato gallette onto a plate. Place about 1 cup of the chopped salad and top with another potato gallette. Repeat until you are out of gallettes and salad.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Cheese Blintz Bake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Savory Mushroom Crepes with Gruyere 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Dog Ice Cream Pumpkin Pops for... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Potato Dumpling Soup 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Peach & Walnut Oatmeal Pancakes... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Potato Lasagna 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Avocado Shrimp and Tuna Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Heirloom tomato & avocado salad 4.6/5 (10 Votes)