Seafood: Crispy Fish Sticks
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lb flounder or cod fillets, sliced crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Place eggs, panko, and flour in 3 separate shallow medium bowls.
Season fish with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dredge fish in flour, shaking off excess. Coat with egg, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Coat with panko, pressing to adhere. Transfer fish to a plate.
Heat 1/2 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches and adding 1/4 cup oil between batches, cook fish until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer fish sticks to a paper towel-lined plate; season with salt.
DO AHEAD: Fish sticks can be breaded 2 days ahead. Cover and chill, or freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 months. Fish sticks can be cooked from frozen (cooking time will be slightly longer).
You'll also love
- Grilled Lemon Chicken 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Creole Fried Fish Sandwich with... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe