Strawberry, Mango & Rose Pavlova
Strawberry, Mango & Rose Pavlova, a decadent, sweet and scrumptious treat. Adding a scattering of edible rose petals makes this pavlova even more special. Enjoy!
Better Homes and Gardens, May 2016, page 98.
- 6 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups sliced mango and strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Edible pink rose petals
Adapted from bhg.com
Allow egg whites to stand at room temperature 30 minutes (this helps create more volume). Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment. Draw a 9-inch circle on the paper. Invert paper so circle is on reverse side.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. For meringue, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment* beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form and meringue is no longer gritty (18 to 20 minutes), scraping down bowl as needed. Beat in lemon juice and rose water. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in cornstarch.
Spread meringue over circle on parchment, building up edges slightly to form a shell. Bake 1 1/2 hours (do not open door). Turn off oven; let dry in oven with door closed 1 hour. Remove; cool completely on sheet on wire rack.
In a large bowl toss mango and berries with the 2 tablespoons sugar. Let stand 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat cream and mascarpone with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Place meringue shell on a large platter. Spread cream mixture into meringue shell. Spoon fruit mixture on top. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Dream Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry-Sour Cream Pound Cake 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegetable Beef Rice Soup - Instant... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Breakfast in a Glass Protein Rich... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy Potato Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Festive Cranberry Jell-O Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie - 4.6/5 (9 Votes)