Pecan Praline Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting
I first tasted these Pecan Praline Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting at a Christmas Cookie Swap several decades ago. I have made them almost every Christmas since. They are not difficult to prepare but do require an extra step for the frosting. That extra step makes them pretty and doubly tasty, therefore perfect for the holiday season.
- PECAN PRALINE COOKIES:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Pecan halves, for garnish
- BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar (plus a little more if needed)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from myownsweetthyme.com
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add sugars, mixing well. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture, stirring after each addition. Stir in the chopped pecans. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
When chilled, remove from the refrigerator. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place the balls of dough on un-greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350°F for 10 - 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
When cool, spread Brown Sugar Frosting over the tops of the cookies. Top each with a pecan half before the icing sets.
BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
Combine brown sugar and half & half in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 4 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Add 1½ cups powdered sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add a little more powdered sugar, if needed, to achieve a desired spreading consistency.
You'll also love
- Lemon Ricotta Muffins 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Mini Morsel Pound Cake 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana Cream Pie Cookies 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Almond Shortbread 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Peanut Butter-Chocolate Sandwich... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)