Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
A recipe for an amazing banana bread infused with peanut butter and studded with chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from browneyedbaker.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan and then line with parchment paper so that it hangs over the two long sides.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together the banana, peanut butter, sugars, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined and there are no spots with raw flour. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top into an even layer. Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick or thin knife inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. If your bread appears to be browning too quickly, place a tented piece of foil over it (I did this at the 45-minute mark).
Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely. The cooled bread should be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap; it can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You'll also love
- Eggnog Cookies 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Don't Peek Chicken 4.2/5 (47 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Coins 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Instant Pot Potato & Leek Soup 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad 4/5 (82 Votes)
- Skillet Cornbread 4.5/5 (30 Votes)