Honey-Roasted Lamb With Arugula And Pine Nut Salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 rack lamb - (1 1/2 lbs) trimmed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups arugula - (abt 4 oz)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine honey, 1 tablespoon oil, and thyme in heavy small saucepan. Stir over low heat until just warm. Remove from heat. Pour 2/3 of honey mixture into small bowl.
Place lamb on rack set in roasting pan; brush with half of honey mixture from bowl. Roast lamb 12 minutes; brush with remaining honey mixture from bowl. Continue to roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125 degrees for medium-rare, about 10 minutes. Transfer lamb to cutting board.
Meanwhile, add vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil to honey mixture in saucepan. Stir over low heat until just warm. Mix in nuts; discard thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut lamb between ribs into chops. Divide arugula among plates. Top each serving with lamb chops. Drizzle warm dressing over and serve warm.
This recipe yields 4 first-course or 2 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- LINGUIÇA DE LOMBO FLAMBADA NA... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Rack of Lamb with Mint and Capers 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)