French Onion Beef Roast With Rice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 lbs)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces (drained)
- 2 pouches boil-in-bag rice
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans Italian green beans (drain only 1 can)
- 1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops liquid smoke flavoring
Cooking time 8mins
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 1/4 cup of the flour on plate (may be paper). Dredge roast in flour, coating both sides.
2. Place oil in large sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add roast (wash hands); cook 4 minutes on each side to brown. Transfer roast to slow cooker; place slow cooker heat setting to low.
3. Reduce heat on large sauté pan to medium-low. Stir remaining 2 tablespoons flour into drippings in pan; cook 1 minute, stirring until smooth. Stir in soup, dry soup mix, and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Transfer soup mixture to slow cooker.
4. Cook 8–10 hours or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
5. Twenty minutes before serving, fill medium saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high for rice. Add rice pouches to boiling water; boil 10 minutes. (Rice can stand in water, off heat source, up to 30 minutes before serving.)
6. Remove rice pouches from water, allowing water to drain completely. Place rice in serving dish and season as desired. Serve roast and gravy over rice.
1. Combine all ingredients (including liquid from 1 can of beans) in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6 minutes, stirring once, or until thoroughly heated. Stir and serve.
You'll also love
- Toasted Barley Salad with Fresh... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Drink 3.9/5 (114 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Scalloped Potato... 3.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Venison / Hamburger Pizza Bake 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Cross Rib Roast 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Potato Fennel Onion Tart 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Sauteed Cipolline Onions (Mario... 4/5 (17 Votes)