Orange-Glazed Game Hens
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced orange peel (orange part only)
- 3 large garlic cloves pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 Cornish game hens - (1 1/2 lbs ea) halved
- 3 oranges peeled, and white pith removed
- Sesame seeds as needed
- 6 ounces snow peas
Mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Add hens skin-side down. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours, turning once.
Using small sharp knife, cut between membranes of oranges to release segments. Set orange segments aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Transfer hens to shallow baking pan. Place marinade in heavy small saucepan and boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 12 minutes. Brush both sides of hens with reduced marinade. Arrange skin-side up in pan. Roast 5 minutes. Baste hens. Cook 10 minutes longer.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Baste hens and cook 10 minutes. Sprinkle hens with sesame seeds and roast until cooked through, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes.
Cook snow peas in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain.
Place 1 hen half in center of each plate. Alternate snow peas and orange segments around hens and serve.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)