Orange-Caramel Nut Sundaes
- 3 oranges
- 1 cup light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 10 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream for serving
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts toasted, husked, and coarsely chopped
Remove orange peel with vegetable peeler. Cut enough peel into very fine strips to measure 2 tablespoons. Transfer strips to heavy medium saucepan. Add sugar, juice and butter. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
Increase heat and boil gently until reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Cool sauce to lukewarm. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover sauce and oranges separately and chill. Reheat sauce to lukewarm before using.)
Cut white pith from oranges. Slice oranges into rounds; cut rounds into quarters. Scoop frozen yogurt into large wineglasses. Drizzle sauce over. Top with oranges and hazelnuts and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.