Chewy Date Nut Bars
If you need a 'pick me up' give these chewy, crunchy date nut bars a try for a nice treat and boost!
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and brown sugar. Add butter and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Combine dates and walnuts; stir into batter (batter will be stiff).
Spread into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan to loosen; cool completely before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
You'll also love
- Chicken in a Potato Nest 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Yam Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tinga with Potatoes, Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Caramel Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom's Date and Nut Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Lindstrom's Date Cookes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Margaritaville Nachos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)