Seared Scallops over Basil Pasta
Amazing, easy dinner for two! This goes well with asparagus to complete the meal!
- 1 package thin spaghetti pasta
- 12 scallops, rinsed and drained, patted dry (must be dry when placing into the pan)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs ground white pepper
- 2 Tbs dried basil
- 1/2 Cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 2 Tbs pasta water
- 1/2 Cup minced shallots or white onion (very thin, small pieces)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
This all happens very fast so prepare all ingredients in advance.
1. Mix Olive oil and basil in a large bowl.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions.
3. Mix salt and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper mixture onto one side of the dry scallops.
5. Heat a large cast iron or heavy frying pan.
6. Add vegetable oil. Heat to very hot.
7. Remove 2 Tbs of pasta water and mix pasta water in with oil and basil
8. Drain, rinse, and transfer pasta to the bowl with the basil mixture.
9. Sprinkle cheese into pasta mixture (1/2 at a time) and mix well.
10. When the pan is very hot, place scallops (salt/pepper side down) in a single layer around the pan. Do not crowd the scallops or they will steam instead of sear. Sprinkle additional salt/pepper mixture onto the top of the scallops.
11. Sear the scallops for 3 minutes until you see a golden brown color on the bottom. Turn scallops, and cook the other side.
12. When the scallops are golden remove them to a heated plate and cover them.
13. Reduce the heat for the pan to medium and add scallops/onions and brown them.
14. Once the onions are brown (about 4 minutes) add the white wine, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to remove anything stuck to the pan. Slowly increase the heat.
15. Continue to scrape and mix ingredients in the pan as the mixture reduces. (about 3 minutes)
15. Divide pasta onto plates, and top with scallops. Spoon wine reduction on top of the scallops.
16. Serve with a green vegetable like asparagus.
You'll also love
- Princess Pie (Coconut Cream Pie) 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Green Pea and Cashew Salad 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Sweet Chili Tuna Dip 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Lobster Newburg 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Grilled Seafood Pasta Fra Diavolo 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Shrimp & Snap Pea Stir-Fry 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Skillet Shrimp Scampi with Linguine 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes 4.2/5 (37 Votes)