Meyer Lemon Pan Grilled Scallops
Finding nice juicy large boholicious scallops is always a treat! Even if they’re ‘previously frozen’, which is the case most all the time when you’re living in the mountains of Colorado, I have to have my fix for scallops. It’s precisely these times that I miss living on the inlet waters of coastal South Carolina even more~~the abundance of fresh seafood can be taken for granted.
- 8 large scallops
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Meyer lemon juice/zest (regular lemon substitute)
- 2 Green onions/tops, sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
Season the scallops with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning on both sides. Heat oil and butter in a heavy skillet on medium high. Place scallops in and fry about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side leaving golden brown searing on each side.
Remove to a plate. Squeeze on the Meyer lemon juice and zest. Top with the thinly sliced onions. Serve with your favorite salsa. I chose a pre-packaged mango/peach salsa (or make your own!).
You'll also love
- Spinach Potato Pakora 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Low Carb Cheddar Tuna Cakes 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Bobby's Hot Tomato, Jack and Crab... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Millet Cookies 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Creamy Kale, Apple Salad with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Cherry Chipotle Puled... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- My Best Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)