Green Pea and Cashew Salad
Don't forget this great standard recipe. Instead of cashews, toasted pecans are also good.
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 10 ounces fresh peas or frozen, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried crisp, drained well and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup cashew halves (or broken pieces)
In small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and dressing mix.
In large bowl, mix peas, bacon, celery, onion, pepper and water chestnuts.
Pour dressing over all, stir together and chill. Just before servings, stir in cashews.
Note: More or less of the dressing mixture as you wish.