Butternut Squash And Carrot Puree With Maple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots peeled, sliced thin
- 1 butternut squash - (3 1/2 lbs) peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until just tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Add carrots and sauté until coated with butter, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add squash and sauté until beginning to soften, about 8 minutes.
Pour orange juice over vegetables. Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 25 minutes. Uncover and simmer until all liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup. Cool slightly.
Working in batches, puree mixture in processor until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir over medium heat to rewarm.)
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Butter Lettuce Salad With Bacon,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts With Shallots And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Filled Acorn Squash Rings... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Apple Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Haricots Verts And Carrots With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot And Apple Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)