Broccoli With Fennel And Red Bell Pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fennel seeds
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 fresh fennel bulb - (abt 1 lb) halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large red bell pepper cut long strips
- 3 large broccoli heads cut florets, - (abt 7 cups)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence see * Note
- 2/3 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Note: A dried herb mixture available at specialty foods stores and in the spice section of some supermarkets. A combination of dried thyme, basil, savory, and fennel seeds can be substituted.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add fennel seeds and stir until toasted, about 3 minutes. Add shallots and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes. Add sliced fennel bulb and red bell pepper and sauté until just tender, about 3 minutes.
Add broccoli. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons oil over vegetables. Stir in herbes de Provence. Pour broth over. Simmer until broccoli is crisp-tender and liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (565 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Fennel & Apple Salad with Roasted... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Caramelized... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)