Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 5 bell peppers
- 10 Italian style sausage links
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 5 large slices of rye bread – torn into pieces
- 1 cup of Italian parsley
- 3 – 4 sun dried tomato pieces
- 1 large tomato – diced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 3 – 4 tbs. of olive oil for drizzling
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Slice the bell peppers in half and take out the ribs and seeds.
Cook the rice as directed and set aside.
Take the sausage out of the casing.
Heat a large frying pan on medium – low heat with a tablespoon or two of olive oil; add the sausage and the diced tomato and to sauté until the sausage is cooked.
In a food process combine the torn bread, parsley, garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Process until the mixture is breadcrumb like texture.
Add the mixture from the food process to the sausage and tomato. Add the cooked rice and the seasonings and toss.
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
With a teaspoon stuff each half of the peppers and place in a baking dish. Grate Romano or Parmesan cheese over each half and drizzle each half with olive oil.
Bake 25 – 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork 4.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Southwestern Squash Soup 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
Review this recipe