Lemon Icebox Pie Cups
Creamy, lemony no-cook filling over a shortbread cookie crust and topped with whipped cream in individual serving dishes. Easy and delicious dessert for hot summer days!
- 1 (7.25-ounce) package Pepperidge Farm Chessmen shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1 small (4-serving size) box white chocolate, cheesecake, or vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups cold milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- Dash of salt
- Zest of 2 medium lemons (1 tablespoon, lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a mixing bowl, vigorously whisk together the pudding mix and the milk until smooth and thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Refrigerate until needed.
Break up the cookies, then grind them in a food processor using the steel blade until fine crumbs; drizzle the melted butter over the crumbs and pulse until fully combined with the crumbs. Set aside.
In another mixing bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, salt, lemon juice, and zest. Whisk the chilled pudding again until smooth, then whisk into the lemon mixture. Gently fold in almost half the tub of Cool Whip.
Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of the crumb mixture into individual dessert cups, packing with a spoon or whatever will fit into the cups. (The number of cups will depend on their size. My ice cream sundae cups were too big so I only got 7 servings.)
Pipe or spoon lemon filling over the crust in the cups. (I used a plastic baggie with a corn cut off.)
Pipe or spoon a dollop of the remaining Cool Whip on top of the lemon filling. Garnish, if desired, with grated lemon zest or any remaining cookie crumbs. Store in the refrigerator.
I used SFFF white chocolate pudding mix mixed with skim milk, FF sweetened condensed milk, Extra Creamy Cool Whip in the lemon filling, and topped with whipped heavy cream (with a little sugar).
You'll also love
- Patti laBelle's Lemon Bars 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Country Style Pork Ribs Electric... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pie by Lemon Tree... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Buttery Vanilla Pudding Pound Cake 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Almost Homemade Lemon Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mocha Decadence Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)