Buttery Vanilla Pudding Pound Cake
the chew carla hall
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for pan)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature, plus more for greasing pan)
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla pudding (store-bought, room temperature)
- VANILLA/CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease a 10-cup tube pan with butter and flour.
Sift 3 cups of flour into a large bowl and add the baking soda and salt to the flour.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. With the mixer on medium, add the eggs one at a time, completely incorporating each egg before adding the next. Stop and scrape down the bowl. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the vanilla pudding. Continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl occasionally. Continue beating until the batter is shiny, about 4 minutes.
Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan. Bake until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then unmold onto the rack, round side up. Top the cake with vanilla or chocolate glaze. Cover and let the cake cool completely. Slice and serve.
For the Vanilla Glaze: whisk together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and salt in a medium bowl. Pour glaze over the top of the warm cake. Cover and let the icing soak into the cake for 15-20 minutes.
For the Chocolate Glaze, just add cocoa powder to the vanilla glaze and stir to combine.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Coconut Pound Cake 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- CAKE - Marvelous Mocha Pound Cake 4.1/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole 4/5 (54 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Almost Homemade Lemon Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pound Cake Sand Mountain 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Simply Citrus Cream Cake 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- "Especially Dark" Chocolate Cake 3.9/5 (89 Votes)