Corned Beef Hash with Eggs
- Dried Chile Salsa
- 6 dried red New Mexico hatch or guajillo chiles, stemmed, seeded
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- Hash and Eggs
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4 large), peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon Four Seasons Blend (click for recipe)
- 12 ounces cooked corned beef, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Dried Chile Salsa
Place chiles in a heat-proof bowl and add boiling water to cover; let stand until soft, 15-20 minutes. Drain chiles, reserving soaking liquid.
Blend chiles, onion, garlic, oil, vinegar, and 1/4 cup reserved soaking liquid in a blender, adding liquid by tablespoonfuls to thin if needed, until smooth.
Hash and Eggs
Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and cabbage; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and cabbage are golden brown and crisping at edges, 15-20 minutes.
Add potatoes and Four Seasons Blend; cook, occasionally scraping up browned bits from bottom and folding into hash, until potatoes are crisp and cooked through, 20-25 minutes. Fold in corned beef and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Fold once more. Using the back of a spoon, make 6 evenly spaced divots in hash. Crack 1 egg into each divot.
Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until egg whites are just set, 7-10 minutes (eggs will continue to cook off heat). Top with parsley and serve with salsa.
DO AHEAD: Salsa can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
You'll also love
- Avocado Tomato Salad 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Red Beans and Rice 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Pork katsu and tonkatsu sauce... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Cheesy Corn Grits w/ Country Ham 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Grilled Corn & Ricotta Dip 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Corned Beef Hash 0/5 (0 Votes)