Ground Turkey Red Beans and Rice
Easy as 1, 2... 3! No matter how simple this Ground Turkey Red Beans and Riced dish is, it's one of our families favorites!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons, minced garlic
- 16-20 ounces ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups hot, cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Adapted from jennieo.com
In large deep skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, green pepper, and celery. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic. Crumble turkey into skillet and sprinkle with thyme, hot pepper sauce and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes, beans, and tomato paste. Cook uncovered, 10 minutes or until hot and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot, cooked rice; sprinkle with parsley and serve with additional hot sauce if desired.
You'll also love
- TGI Friday's Artichoke & Spinach... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crack Cake 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Savory Turkey Injection Sauce 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Low-Carb Enchilada... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Grown Up Sloppy Joes with Ground... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Red Beans and Rice with sausage 4.5/5 (19 Votes)