Ground Turkey Red Beans and Rice
Easy as 1, 2... 3! No matter how simple this Ground Turkey Red Beans and Riced dish is, it's one of our families favorites!
Rate this recipe 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons, minced garlic
- 16-20 ounces ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups hot, cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Adapted from jennieo.com
In large deep skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, green pepper, and celery. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic. Crumble turkey into skillet and sprinkle with thyme, hot pepper sauce and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes, beans, and tomato paste. Cook uncovered, 10 minutes or until hot and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot, cooked rice; sprinkle with parsley and serve with additional hot sauce if desired.
You'll also love
- TGI Friday's Artichoke & Spinach... 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Pork katsu and tonkatsu sauce... 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Savory Turkey Injection Sauce 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Low-Carb Enchilada... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Grown Up Sloppy Joes with Ground... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Red Beans and Rice with sausage 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Pork Andouille Sausage with Red... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe