Italian Sausage Stuffed Onions
- 1 each large red and sweet onion, halved crosswise
- 4 Italian turkey sausage links (1 lb.), casings removed
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup CLASSICO Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend, divided
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano, divided
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Use small spoon to scoop out centers of onions, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells; reserve removed onion pieces for later use. Cut thin slice off bottom of each onion half to allow onion to stand upright.
Place 1 of the removed onion pieces in bottom of each onion half, cutting as necessary to completely cover bottom of onion shell. Chop enough of the remaining removed onion pieces to measure 1/2 cup. Reserve any remaining onion pieces for another use.
Crumble sausage into large skillet; stir in chopped onions. Cook on medium heat 6 to 8 min. or until sausage is done, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet; stir in Parmesan, 3/4 cup pasta sauce, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp. oregano.
Place 1 onion half on center of each of 4 large sheets heavy-duty foil; fill with sausage mixture. Wrap with foil to form 4 packets.
Bake 20 min. or until onions are tender. Carefully open tops of packets. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over onions; bake 5 min. or until melted. Sprinkle with remaining oregano.
Serve with remaining pasta sauce.
You'll also love
- Best Beef Shish Kabobs 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheeseburgers with Grilled Onions 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Zesty Broccoli Casserole 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Amish Onion Patties 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cabbage Sausage Supper Recipe 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Deep Dish Pizza... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Baked Ziti 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe