Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin
Pork loin with apples are slow cooked to tender perfection with onions, butter, honey and a smidgin' of cinnamon. Serve with or over rice and enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Size:
- 3 to 4 pound pork loin (I use a center cut)
- 2 granny smith apples, sliced and divided
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey or real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or a few sprigs of fresh
- 6-quart or larger
Adapted from themagicalslowcooker.com
Cut slits on the top of the pork loin, I cut about an inch down. Plug in apple slices into the slits. Set aside.
Add the onions and remaining apple slices down in the slow cooker. Lay over the slices of butter. Add the pork loin. Sprinkle the pork with the salt, pepper and cinnamon. Add the thyme. Drizzle over the honey.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. When the cooking time is done. Remove the pork onto a platter and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Cake Pan Layered Salad 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- No-Bake Chocolate Ganache Tart 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Fluff 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Amish Onion Patties 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Caesar Bubble-Up Bake 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesecake Stuffed Apples 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Honeycrisp Apple and... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)