Zesty Broccoli Casserole
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets, thawed or fresh
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and sliced
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375°.
Arrange broccoli in an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar and cream cheeses; stir until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, onion, and water chestnuts. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over broccoli.
Place panko in a small bowl. Drizzle with butter, and toss. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over cheese mixture. Lightly spray breadcrumb layer with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble and breadcrumbs brown.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Fluff 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Amish Onion Patties 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Kristen's Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli and Rice Casserole 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)