Asian Barbecue Chicken Slaw
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
Preparation time 25mins
In a large bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, oil and vinegar until blended. Pour half of the honey mixture into a small bowl; stir in barbecue sauce. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add barbecue sauce mixture; heat through.
Meanwhile, whisk salad dressing into remaining honey mixture until blended. Add coleslaw mix, green onions, 3 tablespoons almonds and 2 teaspoons sesame seeds; toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle servings with remaining almonds and sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.