Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Hot ham and cheese sandwiches are a great weeknight meals served with chips and a side salad.
- POPPY SEED SAUCE:
- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 pieces honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the poppyseed, melted butter, minced onion and Worcestershire sauce. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.
Note: Sandwiches can be assembled ahead of time. I don't like to do it more than a day ahead because they can get soggy from the mayo mixture.
You'll also love
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Eggplant Caponata 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- S'mores Popcorn Balls 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Chicken 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Fiery Shrimp Quesadillas 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Avocado & Egg English Muffin 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cowboy Nachos 4.3/5 (13 Votes)