Strawberry Sheet Cake
- STRAWBERRY CAKE:
- 16 oz. container strawberries (rinsed and with tops cut off)
- 1 package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 oz. strawberry instant JELL-O
- STRAWBERRY FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
Adapted from lilluna.com
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Begin by adding your strawberries to a blender or food process and blending. Reserve 1 cup of pureed strawberries plus an additional ¼ cup for the frosting.
2. Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Add JELL-O and 1 cup strawberry puree. Mix well.
3. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Let cake cool.
6. While cake is cooling make frosting by creaming together the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and strawberry puree. Frost cake. ENJOY!