Wild Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1 large loaf brioche style bread
- 2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1 container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 3 cups vanilla flavored coconut milk (if you use regular coconut milk, add vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Turbinado or brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Grade A maple syrup (plus more for drizzle on top)
Spray or butter a 9×13 baking dish. Pull brioche bread apart into bite-sized pieces and layer half of it into the bottom of the baking dish. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon, salt, and ¼ cup maple syrup. Set aside. Using a spoon, scoop out the ricotta cheese and tuck spoonfuls of it evenly throughout the bottom layer of bread. Then sprinkle with frozen Wild Blueberries. Pour half the egg mixture on top of this layer of bread. Layer on the remaining bread pieces and pour in the remaining egg mixture. Top with more frozen Wild Blueberries and sliced almonds, along with the Turbinado sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, preheat the oven to 350. Uncover the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
While the casserole is baking, heat your maple syrup in a small saucepan with a handful of frozen fresh Wild Blueberries. Let simmer on low, stirring occasionally. Pour hot Wild Blueberry syrup over French toast when ready to serve.