Broccoli Meatballs with Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups broccoli florets (1 large head)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Garlic-Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
To make Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Steam broccoli florets 10 minutes, or until tender and bright green. Cool.
3. Pulse almonds in food processor until finely ground. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
4. Pulse steamed broccoli in food processor until chopped. Transfer to bowl with ground almonds. Add Parmesan, basil, parsley, garlic, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Whisk eggs in small bowl, then stir eggs into broccoli mixture.
6. Shape mixture into 12 Meatballs by hand, pressing firmly to ensure Meatballs hold their shape. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. To make Garlic-Tomato Sauce: Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add tomatoes and their juice, and cook 20 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
You'll also love
- 21 Day Fix Approved Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Pickles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Italian asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RUM MANGO BBQ SAUCE 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Fiesta Corn Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Farmhouse Garlic Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- tomato trinity 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan Seared Cod in a White Wine... 0/5 (0 Votes)