Mahogany Glazed Chicken
- chicken breasts (or breasts and thighs - whatever combination you prefer)
- 5-6 Tbsp Apricot preserves
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1- 1 1/2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1-2 mandarin orange "fruit cups"
Preheat oven to 450oF. If using bone-on chicken, place chicken pieces bone side down in pan. Otherwise, arrange in a baking dish.
In small bowl, stir preserves, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and Dijon until blended. Pour broth around chicken in the pan. Brush one–third of glaze over chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast chicken pieces 10 minutes, then brush with half of remaining glaze. Repeat every 10 minutes glazing pieces until thermometer inserted into meat (without touching bone) reaches 165oF.
Remove chicken pieces to a plate and let stand at least 5 minutes so juices can redistribute. While chicken is resting, stir pan drippings over stove to thicken and reduce. You can add a little cornstarch to cold water and add to drippings if they are not thickening. When sauce is consistency that you want, add about 2 handfuls of oranges (optional). Pour over chicken and serve
You'll also love
- Croissant Breakfast Bread Pudding... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- One Pot Chicken and Rice with Peas... 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Asian Green Beans 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken & Tortilla Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Weeknight Roast Chicken with... 3.8/5 (117 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Baked Chicken 4.1/5 (54 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs 4.4/5 (24 Votes)