Homemade Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
There are a few things I love about this recipe: It is how easy it is to make, without fancy ingredients. It's a one-pan dinner (makes for less cleanup) and-- it's comforting and delicious. The big bonus...you made it yourself without any scary ingredients from a box! This tastes even better the next day, and makes a perfect re-heatable lunchbox item for the office. Recipe slightly adapted from "The Daring Gourmet".
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (you can substitute olive or vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 3/4 cup natural, non-MSG beef broth
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni pasta (can substitute whole wheat if desired)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (medium or sharp, your choice)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef until no pink remains.
Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and flour.
Pour in the milk and broth and stir.
Stir in the macaroni.
Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the macaroni is done. (For al dente check after 9 minutes.)
Stir in the Cheddar cheese until melted.
Serve immediately garnished with some chopped fresh parsley if desired.
You'll also love
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Bangin' Brussel Sprouts 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Swedish Cabbage Rolls - Diana... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Skillet 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Eggs with Hash Browns and... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Korean Beef Quesadillas 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Rib Roast 4.5/5 (10 Votes)