Baked Eggs with Hash Browns and Canadian Bacon
WW Smartpoints: 4
Baking eggs in a muffin tin makes for super-easy, super-fast breakfasts all week long.
- 6 6 6 spray(s)cooking spray
- 1 1 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 3 3 cup(s)frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 1 1 small uncooked onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 1⁄4 tsp dried thyme, plus more for garnish
- 3 3 3 slice(s)uncooked Canadian bacon, diced
- 12 12 12 large eggs
Adapted from google.com
1 Place oven rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 12-hole standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
2 Heat a medium skillet over high heat; add oil and swirl to coat pan. Reduce heat to medium-high; add potatoes, onion, salt and thyme. Sauté until lightly golden and tender, 5-7 minutes; remove from skillet. Spoon about 1/4 cup potato mixture into each prepared muffin hole; bake 15 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, return skillet to heat; add bacon. Sauté until crispy on edges, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
4 Crack an egg, one at a time, into a small ramekin or cup; gently slide an egg into each muffin hole. Bake for 9 minutes; remove from oven and evenly divide bacon over eggs. Return pan to oven; bake for 3 minutes more.
5 To serve, run a knife around edge of each egg and lift out onto individual plates or a serving platter; sprinkle with dried thyme and serve immediately.
6 Serving size: 1 baked egg with hash brown crust
You'll also love
- spicy shrimp with cauliflower mash... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage, White... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- One Pan Ranch Pork Chops & Veggies 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Peppered Bacon Wrapped Turkey Pub... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Eggs With Spinach 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Eggs In Tomato Sauce with... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)